ime she sees one she cannot stop squealing. I am pretty proud of being able to get her to eat healthy foods and that she actually enjoys them. Although not a single member of our family has intolerance to gluten, there are many other nutritious food options to offer them other than the typical white bread, macaroni and cheese or crackers I see many children consuming. One of my wee ones favorites are avocados and eggs, just like her proud mama who you may be envisioning beaming at the moment.
As far as avocado is concerned, it is something I could probably eat straight every single day and not grow tired of it. Do you feel the same way?
Whether you feel the same or not, avocado is an excellent option for a complete lunch. You got it right, when I need a lunch idea that is quick and easy, I turn to stuffed avocado. It is the ideal thing to pack in a cooler and enjoy at a picnic, or I take it in a lunch bag and enjoy it at work the next day. It is easy to prepare and does not involve any cooking. This is something no one will complain about!
This BLT stuffed sandwich is something which lately I have been all about!
This is not the first time, nor will it be the last time in which I point out that bacon makes everything so much better, and these stuffed avocados are not the exception. The key to completing this dish is crispy bacon. Oh, and just in case you were wondering, yes the reason I will continue talking about how bacon makes everything better is, well because it’s bacon!
The nutritional star of this recipe of course is the avocado. An avocado is a little powerhouse which is packed with countless batman and minerals such as potassium, manganese, zinc, foliate, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, as well as vitamins A, C, E, K and B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6. WOW! It may have been faster if I had simply said that avocados have just about everything, yes definitely faster. And on top of that, avocados contain the healthy fat oleic acid, this is a monounsaturated fats which helps to reduce inflammation as well as lower the risk of cancer.
Another major plus about this BLT stuffed avocado recipe is that it goes well with many dietary restrictions, if that is a concern, yet it tastes delicious. These BLT stuffed avocados are ketogenic, gluten-free, nut-free, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, egg free, whole30 approved and THM S. AMAZING! You would believe that something with so many benefits would taste awful; however nothing could be further from the truth. There are many people without dietary restrictions that love this recipe as well.
Are you still not sure about this stuffed avocado BLT? Well then how about that fact that it tastes exactly like a BLT sandwich except served in a stuffed bowl form? Sure, perhaps that goes without saying due to the fact that its name says it all. However, I felt the need to mention just to make sure that everyone understands how truly amazing this recipe is. I am not sure how you feel, but I would definitely say that the taste of avocado far surpasses that of boring piece of white bread anyways.
Here is the recipe for this perfect, delicious and nutritious BLT stuffed avocado:
Delicious and nutritious BLT stuffed avocadoPrint This
- • Two avocados (medium)
- • Two slices of bacon
- • ½ a cup of romaine lettuce
- • ½ a cup of grape tomatoes
- • One teaspoon of lime juice
- • ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- • ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- • ⅛ teaspoon of black pepper
1. While the skillet is still cold, place the bacon on it. Cook your bacon over a mow to medium-low flame until the edges begin curling up. Slip and continue to cook until they are golden and crispy. Generally this process takes around five minutes, perhaps a bit longer. Use paper towels to drain and as they cool they will crisp up even more.
2. Meanwhile the bacon is cooking, we slice the avocados in half and remove their pits. Out of each had of the avocado, scoop out half and leave the other half undisturbed, place the scooped out halves in a bowl.
3. Mash up the avocado that is in the bowl. Stir in the lettuce, grape tomatoes, lime juice, sea salt, garlic powder, and black pepper, adjust to personal taste.
4. Once your bacon slices have cooled down and you are able to handle the, chop them up finely and add then to the bowl.
5. Mix well and add the mixture equally back into the avocado halves.